Freestyling on Tibetan Exquisite Adornments (and A Spoonful of Procrastination)

So, I started this project back in the beginning of 2013, as my contribution for Anti Denim 666 Frames. Once again, being highly influenced by ancient heritage I planned to create an illustration based on Tibetan traditional culture. Now let me show you how gorgeous these people are:
Don't you think they have such effortlessly cute smiles?
Those are the women and brides from Khampa, they live at Himalayan mountains and ridges on the western-side of Tibet, next to Sichuan province of China. The reason why they sport those heavy looking of adornments on their attires (besides marriage and other ceremonies) is because they are nomadic people, every winter they have to move somewhere else warmer or to more adaptable places, so they invest their wealth on precious stones (mostly ambers) an have their possessions being as mobile as they are. Their men also sport the same appearance, with fur hats and traditional handwoven fabrics.

Some of Tibetan woven fabrics, on the left is a rug, and the right one is a brocade made of pure silk, you see those eldery Tibetan weavers showing their masterpieces in a cheerful manner? I'll be as happy if I can create one. Oh how I wish to learn about weaving right now, I want to carve woods, and create fire from sticks and stones, those kind of skills...
Tibetan jewelry are  some of the best craftsmanships due to their meticulous designs. 


Now up there at the far left is a Phurpa dagger, a sacred apparatus for Tibetan Buddhist rituals (such as ceremonies and mask dances), symbolizing the destruction of evil and negative emotions. Next to it is a Vajra (as a jewelry), in Indonesia we call it Wajra, symbolizes the diamond (indestructible force) and lightning bold (irresistible force).

I acknowledged the symbol for the first time when my boyfriend Altar Tattoo tattooed our friend a pointillism vajra. Those are my main influences for the drawing.






Had the researches done, I began to work the sketch in August while having my hometown vacation, no, actually I was there for work, for a couple days with sudden meetings and cancelled airplane ticket accident, sadly. Fortunately I can meet my good ol' pals and fulfill my annual craving of authentic Sundanese delicacy...
Frame Number 341 in progress...
Finally finished the whole piece a couple of weeks later...
...aaaand I'm still not done, I haven't upload it to the site, went all "Where do we go now..." from this. What a bummer right? Axl Rose is proud of me now. I'll update this post as soon as I'm done taking care of my mood. See ya!

0 komentar :: Freestyling on Tibetan Exquisite Adornments (and A Spoonful of Procrastination)

Post a Comment