Artist's Tee Legong; Dance of The Virgins

I had this commission to work on an artist tee series for a lifestyle concept store in Seminyak. I have given no specific rules this time, just to create something that is me. Since I'm very fond of craftsmanship in Baroque paintings, traditional carvings, and culture applications, I tried to combine those beauty aspects with inspirations that came from this place I currently live on; Bali. My choice is to bring one of the sacred dance; Legong and local flower; kembang jepun or frangipani which is very easy to be seen on the streets and ceremonies here. My boyfriend got a copy of a very old movie starred by native Balinese called Legong; Dance of The Virgins and it was very amusing to watch- we are currently looking for a mystical Legong dance in Ubud that is held once in every 30 years right now. I'm so excited.

By making this tee I wanted people who buy the shirt will have their vacation memorabilia that is not a cliche, not a mass produced Bintang tank or Jiggy Jig hats. I created two symbols of Ohm, and finally decided to use the Balinese one instead-and blend it with the carvings and Barong teeth as the frame. I'm still working on the packaging, will update this very soon. :)


0 komentar :: Artist's Tee Legong; Dance of The Virgins

Post a Comment