Jewelry Inspired; The Symbolisms and Sierra Leone

Ever since my best friend handed me a book called Sieraad Simbool Signaal to help my thesis (about interactive futuristic jewelry), I am totally hooked up to its content. It's like having the first key to open my gate of fascination- which in my case including; historical and cultural jewelry. From the facts to trivias I were led page by page, exploring years after years of its evolution until I conclude my own understanding, that the jewelry both the making and its usage, have a bold-esoteric value. Not everyone will understand that it's not only about a piece of thread you wrap around your hand, or a big huge diamond necklace worn by the bourgeoisie for prestige; but more about celebrating the beauty of craftsmanship, the heritage, something sentimental that has value beyond price.
Photobucket
I took an inspiration from the using of tribal and ancient jewelry. Jewelry itself being as old as mankind, enhance many symbolisms, such as status and power, sensual attractions, mentality, part of ritual and spiritual ornaments, and at the core of it all, it has been used for centuries as a form of communication. Therefore for me, a lot can be recreated and reproduced from it-one result of our fondness in decorating-and this is my first attempt. This artwork is featured at Titik Dua Graphic Design Magazine Vol II.

Photobucket
Photobucket

1 komentar :: Jewelry Inspired; The Symbolisms and Sierra Leone

  1. This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

Post a Comment