Limbo and Medusa for Versus Graphic Design Magazine

My old work from the past that I still want to keep. Double cover work for Versus in October 2010. I were asked to create two artworks influenced by the mythical demon; Medusa, and something more angelic, ever since I am inspired by Dante's Inferno, I created Limbo- The Gate of Hell as the result. Still not very angelic is it...
So called image board: Photobucket This year I finally owned a copy of Dante's Inferno (pict above), I'm not too satisfied with the translation, but for now it's okay. I am also inspired by John Martin paintings, since romanticism is my other favorite art-phase after Baroque... some of his paintings have similar environment like most of my dreams (I dream a lot about doomsday, and the sea is always red... blah.)
After some glasses of coffee and a bit of procrastination... alas, I lost my high resolution of Medusa, so there's only a glimpse of details from Limbo.



1 komentar :: Limbo and Medusa for Versus Graphic Design Magazine

  1. this artwork remind me about michaelangelo or william blake painting, i dont know where you get the inspiration, but may someone want to hang this artwork at the wall,...
    greeting, here my page http://lunaticmonster.wordpress.com/

Post a Comment